The Belly Blog:
The Only Baby Bib You'll Ever Need
Keeping things simple seems to be a common theme around here...
So, today I'm back to share with you a simple tip I recently discovered that truly changed my life. (Yes, I know...the post is about baby bibs...just stick with me here.) I don't know about you, but baby bibs drive. me. crazy. Here's my beef with the bibs. They're disgusting after just one meal. The baby food cakes onto the fabric and even those wipeable ones don't rinse off easily and get food in the seams. Then, there's the issue of washing. You don't want to throw them in the washing machine with a load of clothing. (Green peas and mommy's underwear? No thank you!) You don't want to waste water by just washing a few at a time. So...they pile up on the kitchen counter. Those caked on peas turn fifty shades of grey...err...green and eventually you have a nasty mess of bibs covered in week-old stains to deal with.
I knew I needed to find a solution to this problem when a friend came over and grabbed a bib out of our cupboard, only to find it was dirty and covered in melted chocolate ice cream. (Disclaimer: The ice cream was not from the baby. My 3-year-old had worn it while eating a messy ice cream cone.) And THEN, she came over a second time a week later and grabbed the same bib covered in the same ice cream. Embarassing, right?
Luckily, I happened to read one of my favorite baby blogs that week and saw Miss Harper Garvin's mama recommending this silicone baby bib as one of her "eight month faves." I immediately ordered two, donated all of our old bibs, and prayed that this would be the answer to my baby bib blues.
Above: Even the Sticky Bellies' Junior CEO thinks silicone baby bibs are the bomb-diggity.
Here's what I love most about these silicone baby bibs:
1. I only need two of them. (And could definitely get away with just one. Ahhh...the simple life.)
2. I can throw them in the dishwasher after dinner or just spray them off and lay on a dishtowel to dry. They dry almost instantly.
3. The pocket sticks out to TRULY catch all the little drips.
4. The little necklace adornment doesn't hurt either. Who doesn't want to look like Princess Kate while chowing down on sweet potatoes? (And did you see the boy version? A bow tie and little pocket? I die.)
5. They hang perfectly on the back of my Boon Flair highchair (another feeding time fave) thanks to a simple 3M Command removable hook.
So, there you have it.
Just another way to make life with baby just a little bit easier. We've made monthly baby photos easier (and cuter) and now feeding time easier (and cuter). What tip do YOU have that could help simplify this crazy life we live? Tell us below!
Special thanks to the Little Baby Garvin blog for recommending this awesome bib! If you don't read her blog, check it out. She's a super creative mama with great ideas and lots of good advice. It's one of my favorites!